LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
2019 MANUFACTURING OUTLOOK SURVEY RESULTS
ACCORDING TO LEADING EDGE ALLIANCE NATIONAL MANUFACTURING OUTLOOK SURVEY
Survey results include:
- 81% of manufacturers expect revenue to increase in 2019.
- Optimism rates have increased by more than 12 percentage points over the last two years.
- The top three priorities for manufacturers in 2019 include growing sales, improving profitability and addressing the workforce shortage.
- 52% of manufacturers cited labor/talent as their greatest barrier to growth, followed by competition (34%) and profitability (25%).
U.S. manufacturing industry headwinds are significant and include both internal and external issues, such as inventory turnover ratios, expense changes, labor shortages, growth strategies, the price of raw materials and strength of the dollar, and more.
Strategic manufacturers should have ongoing conversations with all of their advisors, including their accounting and tax provider, as to how to overcome these challenges and achieve their business goals.
Please click the button below to view the full 2019 Manufacturing Outlook survey results report.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
JIM HONZ + TAX SHAREHOLDER
Jim Honz joined the firm in 1984 and currently serves as a Tax Shareholder. His areas of expertise include export tax incentives (IC-DISCs), choice of business entity, and methods of accounting (including Lifo Inventory). In addition, Jim works with tax-exempt organizations on tax and organizational issues.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Silver Medal on CPA Exam for second highest score
- BSBA in Accounting, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Catholic Charities, Past Board Member/President
- Nebraska Organ Recovery System, Inc., Board Member/Treasurer
- Creighton University Financial Advisory Committee, Past Alumni Member Appointed by CU President
- St. Wenceslaus Church, Elected Parish Council Member (Vice President), Chairman of Finance Committee
- Creighton University Accounting Department, Past Advisory Board Member
- SIDs 398 (Pacific Springs) & 189 (Georgetown), Elected Trustee/Chairman
- NSCPA, Political Education Committee Member
- Tax Cuts & Jobs Act + Ag Industry
- 2019 Manufacturing Outlook Survey Results
- How Would a Robotics Tax Affect Manufacturing Businesses?
- Additive Manufacturing Has Many Tax and Accounting Implications
- 2018 Manufacturing Outlook Survey Results
- Reformation of Valuation Discounts
- 2017 Manufacturing Outlook and Insights
- What are IC-DICS?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901
601 P Street, Suite 103
Lincoln, NE 68508
3320 James Road, Suite 100
Grand Island, NE 68803