LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
3 Reasons Why Technology Is An Investment
GARY NEWTON, LUTZ TECH SHAREHOLDER
Technology is necessary to succeed in today’s workplace. You invest in the right people and equipment for your business, so why wouldn’t you invest in technology? You might think it’s an unnecessary cost, but the truth is: technology is an investment. Here are three reasons why.
1. Staff Productivity
If you remember what it was like to work without today’s technology, you know how time-consuming even the simplest of tasks were. Hard copies of everything, finding the space to store and organize paper documents, sending invoices and letters through snail mail: these all took time and manpower just for everyday tasks. Tech innovations and up-to-date equipment have sliced through the time and effort needed to accomplish operational tasks, freeing up valuable time for your staff to be even more productive at what they do best. And, with quality equipment, there’s less downtime, so staff don’t have to waste time waiting for repairs.
When employees are happy, they are much more likely to stay with your company. Investing in technology drives retention rates higher than many other strategies. Here are just a few of the ways technology can boost productivity and employee retention rates:
- Workforces become mobile: Employees can get the job done no matter where they are. Tech allows them to communicate, save documents, place orders and deal with challenges while on the go, from home offices and while they travel.
- Organization and time-tracking is a breeze: Staff can stay on track with mobile and online productivity tools and keep track of progress both for themselves and for their teams.
- Networking is always available: With social networking sites like LinkedIn, employees are always building and nurturing business relationships for your company’s success.
- Distractions fall by the wayside: With focusing tools like timers and website blockers, staff can stay focused on the task at hand and get more accomplished.
2. Your Client Experience Flourishes
It doesn’t matter what type of business you run, customer service is always critical to your success. Customer service technology is skyrocketing right now and will only keep improving. Having a highly functioning website with quality services serves you and your customers right. Innovations like portals, chatbots and social media integrations mean your customers don’t have to wait to find what they want. The quicker clients can get information, the more likely you are to retain them for product sales or services. Here are a few ways technology wins customers and retains them:
- FAQs are answered with grace and ease
- Products and services are easier to find and order
- Tech support is just a click or tap away
- Messaging means real-time customer service
3. Gain a Competitive Edge
Finally, technology can help your business get an edge in the marketplace. Automation through technology assists with internal and external business affairs. From accounting and human resources tools all the way through product distribution and service fulfillment, tools like Artificial Intelligence, real-time reporting and custom applications can give you an advantage over your competition. Some of the advantages include:
- Gaining deeper insights through news monitoring, media lists, and research into trends and movements
- Replacing low-level cognitive tasks such as scheduling, reviewing emails, manual spreadsheets and setting reminders with high-level tasks like identifying connections and analyzing correlation production data
- Providing real-time reporting to staff and clients
- Making marketing more intelligent and focused
- Integrating workflows between applications for higher efficiency and productivity
- Increasing engagement with potential and current clients and increasing retention rates
Providing your business with technological innovations isn’t just the cost of doing business; it’s an investment you can’t afford not to make. Invest in technology and you’ll see the changes not only today, but in the successful future you’ve always dreamed of.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
GARY NEWTON + TECHNOLOGY SHAREHOLDER
Gary Newton is a Lutz Tech Shareholder with over 30 years of experience. He focuses on providing outsourced technology services by managing and designing network solutions for new and existing clients.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Outsourced IT Services
- Small to Medium Business Technology
- Virtualization Design (Vmware & Hyper-V)
- Disaster Recovery
- Business Continuity Planning
- Multi-Site Connectivity (Cisco, HP, MPLS)
- Thin Client Technology (Terminal Services, Citrix)
- Hosted and Published Application Design
- Technology Consulting
- Planning / Licensing Compliance
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- Certified Virtualization Expert v5.0
- Vmware VSP 6.0 Certified
- Veeam VMSP Certified
- Microsoft Licensing Education
- Microsoft Sales and Marketing Education
- BS in Electronics Engineering Technology, University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE
- Local Youth Select Baseball Team, Coach and Instructor for 10+ years
- ITT Advisory Board, Past Member
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901
601 P Street, Suite 103
Lincoln, NE 68508
3320 James Road, Suite 100
Grand Island, NE 68803