LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
benchmarking for medical practices
“Our life begins and ends with measurement. What was the baby’s length and weight at birth? How old was the man when he passed away? At every step in our life we are measured against something or someone.
If a pediatric patient’s weight is off the age-height-weight scale at his preventive visit, the patient’s parents are counseled in an attempt to bring the child to a healthy weight. If an HbA1c result is high compared to norms, the diabetic patient’s medications and diet are more closely managed.
As a physician, you are responsible for monitoring not just the health of your patients but also the health of the clinic, practice or facility in which you work. You may also be responsible for mentoring peers or managing other physicians.”
Read the full article on page 17.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
TARA WISDOM + HEALTHCARE CONSULTING DIRECTOR
Tara Wisdom is a Healthcare Consulting Director at Lutz with over 18 years of experience. She assists clients with physician and hospital practice management, business plan development and new practice set-up to make sure healthcare practices are effectively managing operational costs and properly capturing revenue while staying compliant.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Healthcare Consulting
- Physician Services
- Compensation Structures
- Data mining and Analysis
- Medicare and Insurance Reimbursement
- Merger/Reorganization Planning
- Internal Control and Systems Reviews
- Strategic Planning & Feasibility Studies
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- Medical Group Management Association, Member
- Nebraska and Iowa Medical Group Management Associations, Member
- Metropolitan Omaha Medical Society, Strategic Partner
- BA in Accounting, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE
- Community Alliance, Executive Board Member
- Children’s Hospital, Friend’s Board
- Quality Living Inc, Ambassador
- Omaha Opera Guild, Cotillion Representative
- Nebraska Children’s Home, Gift Coordinator Volunteer
- Aldrich Elementary PTO, Executive Board Member
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901
601 P Street, Suite 103
Lincoln, NE 68508
3320 James Road, Suite 100
Grand Island, NE 68803