LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Considering QuickBooks? 10 Reasons Why You Should
AMANDA HARPSTER, CLIENT ACCOUNTING SERVICES MANAGER
You may have a manual accounting system that seems to work fine. You understand it. You’re able to send invoices and pay bills, record expenses, and analyze management information.
You don’t know, though, how much more efficient and productive you could be by using QuickBooks until you’ve tried it. So, consider these ten benefits and see if you still feel your current bookkeeping structure is your best option.
1. You’ll be able to find the smallest financial details in seconds
QuickBooks stores everything neatly and has search tools that allow fast access to everything.
2. Your cash flow should improve
Sign up for a merchant account, and your customers will be able to return their invoices quickly with a credit/debit card number or a direct bank withdrawal.
3. You’ll know your cash account balances
QuickBooks can connect to your banks and other financial institutions online. It imports transactions from those accounts regularly, so you never have to wonder whether specific transactions have cleared.
4. You’ll be able to provide better service to your customers, strengthening relationships
Are you now storing customer contact data and history in card files or Word documents, or in paper file folders? When you save all of that information in QuickBooks’ customer profiles, you can respond to their questions and problems quickly.
5. Your financial data is available in more than individual records and transactions – you can run pre-built reports
It’s difficult-to-impossible to compile reports like accounts receivable aging, open invoices, and sales history when you’re working on paper. QuickBooks comes with dozens of report templates. You simply open one, and it’s instantly populated with your company’s own data.
6. Your employees who provide services can track their time, and you can automatically bill customers for it
Create an invoice in QuickBooks, and any unbilled time and expenses for that customer appear in a window. You can have these financial obligations automatically entered in that invoice.
7. You’ll minimize accounting errors
Enter something once, like an address or a product description and price, and you’ll never have to enter it again. QuickBooks stores all of those details and makes them available when you’re filling out sales and purchase forms. As long as your data is correct when you first supply it, it will be accurate wherever it’s used.
8. QuickBooks can grow with you
If the software is lacking in some features you need, you can probably find integrated add-ons that will accommodate your requirements.
9. You’ll save time and money
You’ll have newly freed-up time that you can spend on the management and planning work that only you can do.
10. You’ll have financials ready to include in a business plan
If you ever need to borrow money or take on investors, you’ll need advanced reports that QuickBooks can supply. They’re easy to create but difficult to analyze. We can do this for you.
Let us know if you want our help in making the transition to QuickBooks so you can take advantage of all of these benefits.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
AMANDA HARPSTER + CLIENT ACCOUNTING SERVICES MANAGER
Amanda Harpster is a Client Accounting Services Manager at Lutz with over 14 years of relevant experience. She focuses on QuickBooks support, tax and payroll compliance, and small business consulting.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- Intuit Certified ProAdvisor, QuickBooks
- BSBA in Accounting, University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE
- St. Patrick’s Parish, Volunteer
- Cub Scout Pack #409, Treasurer
- Ponca Hills Fire Department Women’s Auxiliary, Member
- Connecting Your Bank Accounts and Credit Cards in QuickBooks Desktop
- How QuickBooks Helps Independent Contractors with Invoicing
- 5 QuickBooks Desktop Training Tips for Beginners
- Confused by QuickBooks' Report Customization?
- Creating a Product Record in QuickBooks
- Getting Started With QuickBooks: 5 Must Do's
- Keep Financial Data Safe: 5 Tips
- Considering QuickBooks? 10 Reasons Why You Should
- The 5-Minute Financial Overview: QuickBooks' Company Snapshot
- 4 Types of Sales Forms You Should Be Using
- Sole Proprietor? LLC? Choosing a Business Structure
- Starting a New Business? Your Accounting Options
QUICKBOOKS PROADVISOR CERTIFICATIONS
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.