Attention Kansas CAH’s – Upcoming DSH Surveys
JULIANNE KIPPLE, HEALTHCARE DIRECTOR
For all Kansas Critical Access Hospitals (CAH), the SFY 2019 Disproportionate Share (DSH) and Uncompensated Care (UCC) payment survey is expected to be sent by the end of May. If a CAH has not completed this survey in the past, this is an opportunity for hospitals to receive a DSH payment for serving a disproportionate share of Medicaid or uninsured patients. There are a few qualifications, such as serving a certain percentage of Medicaid patients and also having two physicians with staff privileges at the hospital to perform non-emergency obstetric procedures.
If you have not reviewed whether or not you would qualify in the last few years, we would highly encourage hospitals to review the DSH survey and qualifications. If you complete a DSH survey, we would also recommend looking at the various reports, including the uninsured data, to make sure you are claiming all valid uncompensated care costs.
If you have questions about the survey or the qualification requirements, please contact us.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
JULIANNE KIPPLE + HEALTHCARE DIRECTOR
Julianne Kipple is a Healthcare Director at Lutz with over 10 years of professional experience in the healthcare industry. Her expertise is in accounting and consulting services for healthcare facilities, including outsourced CFO services, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, and Medicaid Disproportionate Share Surveys (DSH).
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Healthcare Accounting & Consulting
- Medicare & Medicaid Reimbursement
- Outsourced CFO Services
- Medicaid Disproportionate Share Surveys (DSH)
- Financial Support Services
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- Healthcare Financial Management Association, Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Healthcare Financial Professional
- BSBA in Accounting, with high distinction, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- MBA, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Year-End Audit and Cost Report Planning, Preparation Tips
- Medicare Cost Report Electronic Filing
- Attention Kansas CAH's - Upcoming DSH Surveys
- Flex Monitoring - CAH Financial Indicators Released
- Provider Quality Reporting System (PQRS) + Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Transition Update
- CMS Medicare Outpatient Observation Notice (MOON) Form
- Hospital Board of Director Responsibilities
- Not-For-Profit Net Asset Classification Changes
- Healthcare Revenue Recognition & Self-Pay Contracts
- Changes in Accounting for Leases + the Impact on Healthcare Entities
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901
GRAND ISLAND + NORTH
403 Lexington Circle
Grand Island, NE 68803