LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
lutz m&a advises fantasy’s, inc. on its acquisition by casey’s general stores
bill kenedy, LUTZ consulting and m&a shareholder
Lutz M&A announced that it served as exclusive financial advisor to Fantasy’s, Inc. in connection with its recent acquisition by Casey’s General Stores, Inc. (“Casey’s). Casey’s is a Fortune 500 company (NASDAQ CASY) operating over 2,100 convenience stores in 16 states in the Midwest and the South. Casey’s is currently the fourth largest convenience store chain and the fifth largest pizza chain in the United States.
Founded in 1989, Fantasy’s is Omaha’s premium chain of gas stations, convenient stores
“The acquisition of the Fantasy’s chain is an excellent fit to our existing store base and will expand our presence in the greater Omaha market,” said Terry Handley, President
On working with Lutz M&A, Fantasy’s owner Karen Spaustat observed, “Lutz did a great job guiding us through the process of marketing our company and introducing us to several interested parties. They ultimately helped us find the right fit with Casey’s General Stores.”
Commenting on the transaction for Lutz M&A, Bill Kenedy said, “It was a great opportunity to represent this long-term client of Lutz in this transaction. We are happy for the Spaustat family and believe Casey’s acquired a great company in
About Lutz M&A, LLC: Lutz M&A is a Nebraska-based mergers and acquisitions advisory firm, serving lower middle-market businesses in the Midwest across a range of industries. Lutz M&A is committed to providing its clients with a comprehensive, skilled and professional marketing process not typically available to smaller market companies. For more information, visit www.lutz.us.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BILL KENEDY + LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Bill Kenedy is a Lutz Consulting and M&A Shareholder at Lutz. He specializes in business valuation, litigation support, and merger and acquisition advisory services.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensic
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- BSBA in Accounting, St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
- Construction Financial Management Association, Past Treasurer, Board Member
- A Time to Heal (non-profit focused on cancer patients), Board Member
- Primary Benefits of Selling Your Company to an ESOP
- Is An Employee Stock Option Plan Right for Your Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
- Our Services, Our People, and Our Results
- Lutz M&A Advises Hands of Heartland on its Recent Investment by Evolve Capital
- Overcoming Obstacles in Business Transition Planning
- Understanding Net Working Capital in Business Transactions
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business
- When is the Right Time to Exit My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Triage Staffing on Recapitalization
- Is Your Small Business at Risk of Fraud?
- Why is Forensic Accounting Needed?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901
601 P Street, Suite 103
Lincoln, NE 68508
3320 James Road, Suite 100
Grand Island, NE 68803