LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
2018 MANUFACTURING OUTLOOK SURVEY RESULTS
According to Leading Edge Alliance National Manufacturing Outlook Survey
Some results from the survey include:
- 81% of manufacturers expect revenue to increase in 2018.
- Optimism rates have significantly increased for 2018 markets with manufacturers rating their optimism at 69.3% for regional markets, 69.3% for national markets, and 59.4% for world markets.
- The top priority for manufacturers in 2018 is “Growing Sales”, with 72% of respondents expecting sales increases through organic growth in domestic markets, and 44% expecting sales to grow through developing new products and services.
- Labor continues to be a challenge for manufacturers with half of the respondents expecting to increase hiring in 2018.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
JIM HONZ + TAX SHAREHOLDER
Jim Honz joined the firm in 1984 and currently serves as a Tax Shareholder. His areas of expertise include export tax incentives (IC-DISCs), choice of business entity, and methods of accounting (including Lifo Inventory). In addition, Jim works with tax-exempt organizations on tax and organizational issues.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Silver Medal on CPA Exam for second highest score
- BSBA in Accounting, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Catholic Charities, Past Board Member/President
- Nebraska Organ Recovery System, Inc., Board Member/Treasurer
- Creighton University Financial Advisory Committee, Past Alumni Member Appointed by CU President
- St. Wenceslaus Church, Elected Parish Council Member (Vice President), Chairman of Finance Committee
- Creighton University Accounting Department, Past Advisory Board Member
- SIDs 398 (Pacific Springs) & 189 (Georgetown), Elected Trustee/Chairman
- NSCPA, Political Education Committee Member
- 5 Tax Tips for Manufacturers
- Tax Cuts & Jobs Act + Ag Industry
- 2019 Manufacturing Outlook Survey Results
- How Would a Robotics Tax Affect Manufacturing Businesses?
- Additive Manufacturing Has Many Tax and Accounting Implications
- 2018 Manufacturing Outlook Survey Results
- Reformation of Valuation Discounts
- 2017 Manufacturing Outlook and Insights
- What are IC-DICS?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.