LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Our Services, Our People, and Our Results
BILL KENEDY, LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Lutz M&A was born out of the recognition of a need the owners of our accounting firm clients had to assist them with the complex world of selling their businesses. Most business owners eventually recognize that selling their business to family members, employees or third parties is inevitable. But most struggle with how to properly assess the value of their business and how to most effectively complete a transaction taking into consideration all of the important factors specific to their business.
Lutz M&A services
Assist business owners with understanding their business value, the specific value drivers for their business, and how to enhance the value of the business
Assist business owners with assessing the industry in which their business operates and the current market conditions
Transition (Exit) Planning
Assist business owners in developing a long-term strategy to create value along with defining and meeting personal goals
Assist with the process of making an acquisition of an operating business
Business Sale Advisory Services/Sell Side Representation
3rd Party Sale – Develop a list of buyers, marketing materials, and manage the process of selling an operating business to a 3rd party buyer
Family or Employee Transaction – Assist owner in identifying the best method and type of transaction given the underlying goals of the business owner
The Business Sale Advisory Services provided by Lutz M&A helps business owners tackle important issues and when ready, assists owners in finding qualified buyers for their businesses. We have significant expertise in this area specific to businesses with $1,000,000 or more of annual cash flow, and this particular service is not widely available to smaller businesses. Although we generally do not market smaller businesses (those under $2M in value) for sale, we can provide valuable consulting services to those business owners.
The Lutz M&A Team
Lutz M&A is comprised of 6 highly trained, experienced professionals. There is no other firm in the region with our depth or breadth of experience.
From 2015 to 2017, Lutz M&A represented and successfully closed on the sale of 9 businesses. The buyers in these transactions consisted of private equity firms from around the country, family offices and individual buyers. In addition, we have helped dozens of other companies with acquisitions, family sale transactions, employee sale transactions as well as business valuation and exit planning projects. Below are details of our M&A closed transaction.
Lutz M&A is very proud of our successes and would be happy to introduce our team to your business. Please consider contacting us to have a discussion about how Lutz M&A can help your business. We are happy to provide initial consultation and analysis at no charge.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Wings America Limited Partnership.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Reinke Manufacturing.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Midwest Scaffold Service.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to The Walling Company
Acquired by Platform Capital.
Lutz M&A served as the exclusive financial advisor to Perrin Manufacturing.
Acquired by Christensen Farms.
Lutz M&A served as the exclusive financial advisor to SmithCo Manufacturing Inc.
Acquired by Casey's General Stores.
Lutz M&A served as the exclusive financial advisor to Fantasy's, Inc.
Acquired by Columbia Capital.
Lutz M&A served as the exclusive financial advisor to eX² Technology.
Acquired by Claritas, Inc.
Lutz M&A acted as the sell-side advisor to AcquireWeb
ACQUIRED BY PLATFORM CAPITAL.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to C&W
ACQUIRED BY EVOLVE CAPITAL.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Hands of Heartland
ACQUIRED BY GREAT RANGE CAPITAL.
LUTZ M&A WAS THE EXCLUSIVE FINANCIAL ADVISOR TO LABOR SOURCE LLC
Acquired by SUN CAPITAL PARTNERS, INC.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to CCW, LLC
ACQUIRED BY MCCARTHY CAPITAL.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Triage Staffing
ACQUIRED BY TRIMARK USA LLC
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Hockenbergs
Acquired by Help/Systems, LLC
Lutz M&A acted as the sell-side advisor to Linoma Software
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Midwest Door & Hardware
Lutz M&A was the exclusive sell-side advisor to NIFCO Mechanical
Acquired by ARGENTA PARTNERS LP
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to HKS
Acquired by WORLD DATA PRODUCTS
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Infinity Data Solutions, LLC
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Providers Plus
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to M7 Logistics
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Smeal Manufacturing
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BILL KENEDY + LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Bill Kenedy is a Lutz Consulting and M&A Shareholder at Lutz. He specializes in business valuation, litigation support, and merger and acquisition advisory services.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensic
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- BSBA in Accounting, St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
- Construction Financial Management Association, Past Treasurer, Board Member
- A Time to Heal (non-profit focused on cancer patients), Past Board Member
- Am I Ready to Sell My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Wings on its Acquisition by Eagle's Landing
- Selling Your Business? The Financial Information Buyers Want to See
- Can My Business Run Without Me?
- Finding the True Value of Your Business
- How Does the Business Sale Process Work?
- Understanding the Tax Implications of a Business Sale
- The M&A Client Experience
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Scaffold Service on its Sale to Sunbelt Rentals
- 5 Key Purchase Agreement Considerations
- Net Working Capital: What is it and How is it Used?
- Issues During the Due Diligence Process in M&A Transactions
- Lutz M&A Advises Fantasy's, Inc. on its Acquisition by Casey's General Stores
- Primary Benefits of Selling Your Company to an ESOP
- Is An Employee Stock Option Plan Right for Your Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
- Our Services, Our People, and Our Results
- Lutz M&A Advises Hands of Heartland on its Recent Investment by Evolve Capital
- Lutz M&A Advises Labor Source on its Recapitalization by Great Range Capital
- Overcoming Obstacles in Business Transition Planning
- Understanding Net Working Capital in Business Transactions
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business
- When is the Right Time to Exit My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Triage Staffing on Recapitalization
- Lutz M&A Advises Hockenbergs on Recent Sale to Trimark USA LLC
- Lutz M&A Advises Focus Respiratory on its Recent Buyout by Valley Healthcare Group
- Is Your Small Business at Risk of Fraud?
- Lutz M&A Advises CCW, LLC on its Recent Buyout
- Lutz M&A Advises NIFCO Mechanical Systems on Recent Sale
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Door & Hardware on Recent Sale
- Why is Forensic Accounting Needed?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901