STATE AND LOCAL TAX CONSULTING AND COMPLIANCE (SALT)
Today’s state and local tax environment presents businesses and individuals with increasingly complex and demanding challenges, as well as significant opportunities. The Lutz State and Local Tax (SALT) group helps businesses and individuals navigate the myriad of state and local tax challenges and opportunities.
As one of the largest and most experienced group of dedicated SALT professionals in the region, our SALT experts will work closely with you to help you manage your state and local tax burden. Our goal is to familiarize our team with your business or personal situation so we can proactively help you to minimize state and local taxes, avoid unexpected liabilities, and take advantage of credit and incentive opportunities.
- Multi-state Nexus reviews
- State credits and incentives
- Sales and use tax
- Audit assistance and representation
- Unclaimed property consulting and compliance
- Private Ruling requests
- Due diligence and transaction planning
- Delinquent filer program/voluntary disclosure program
- Personal property tax
- Compliance outsourcing
THE NEBRASKA ADVANTAGE ACT (LB312)
The Nebraska Advantage Program
The Nebraska Advantage program is designed to reward organizations through both short- and long-term performance-based incentives.
Benefits include tax credits and sales/use tax refunds based on the dollars invested and jobs created by a particular project. Benefits can also include personal property tax exemptions.
An Application and Fee Are Required Prior to the Start of Investment at the Project
Application fee from $1,000 to $10,000, depending upon Tier level. The application date is VERY IMPORTANT.
WHO CAN APPLY IN TIER 1?
- Research and development
- Exportable services including: software development, computer systems design, product testing, guidance or surveillance systems and technology licensing
WHO CAN APPLY IN TIERS 2, 3, 4, & 5?
- Same industries as under Tier 1, plus:
- Call centers, data centers and telecommunications
- Headquarters/administrative operations
- Data processing and web portals
- Insurance and financial services
- Distribution and warehousing
- Satellite ground services
- Retail sales of tangible personal property
WHO CAN APPLY IN TIER 6?
- All businesses, other than retail, that create 50 or 75 high-paying quality jobs
|ONE||$1 MILLION||10||5 YEARS|
|TWO||$3 MILLION||30||7 YEARS|
|TWO (LARGE DATA CENTER)||$200 MILLION||30||7 YEARS|
|FOUR||$11 MILLION||100||7 YEARS|
|FIVE||$34 MILLION||0 (MAINTAIN JOBS)||7 YEARS|
|FIVE (RENEWABLE ENERGY)||$20 MILLION||0 (MAINTAIN JOBS)||7 YEARS|
|SIX (OPTION ONE)||$10 MILLION||75 HIGH-PAYING JOBS||5 YEARS|
|SIX (OPTION TWO)||$100 MILLION||50 HIGH-PAYING JOBS||5 YEARS|
Until 2018, the laws on sales tax stipulated that it was only applicable to companies with a physical presence inside the particular state. Simply put, companies were only required to collect taxes…
With 7,500 different tax jurisdictions in the United States alone, it’s easy to understand why our sales & use tax laws are considered among the most complicated in the world. In this presentation…
Starting a business can be easy. Knowing how to make sure that you are in compliance with state and federal laws is a little more difficult. You probably already know that you need to register to collect sales tax…
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901