CLIENT FAQ + SHONSEY & ASSOCIATES JOINS LUTZ
We are excited to announce that we will be acquiring Shonsey, Placke, Maruska & Stava, P.C. (d/b/a Shonsey & Associates) effective May 1, 2018.
WHO IS LUTZ?
Since its founding in 1980, Lutz has grown to be Nebraska’s largest locally owned CPA firm with locations in Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island and Hastings. Lutz offers a full range of business solutions including Accounting, Technology, Mergers & Acquisitions, Talent and Wealth Management.
WHO IS SHONSEY & ASSOCIATES?
For over 30 years, Shonsey & Associates has been providing quality, personalized financial guidance to local individuals and businesses. Located in Grand Island, Shonsey & Associates’ expertise ranges from tax compliance and accounting services to more in-depth services such as audits, financial statements, and various tax and estate consulting. Shonsey & Associates’ shareholders and employees will join Lutz effective May 1, 2018.
WHAT IS THE STRATEGY BEHIND THE TRANSACTION AND HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
Lutz’s pairing with Shonsey & Associates will bring additional service offerings for clients across Nebraska.
- The combination of our firms will create opportunities to serve you with the best industry practices and talent in Nebraska. In addition, we will be working together to introduce business solutions to help you manage, grow and prosper.
- Shonsey & Associates’ professionals will strengthen Lutz’s commitment to the medical, agricultural and nursing home industries.
- Matt Shonsey, Steve Placke, Jodi Maruska and Shane Stava, current Shonsey & Associates shareholders, will join Lutz as shareholders.
- The combined entity will retain the Lutz name and will consist of approximately 280 employees in a variety of disciplines.
- Lutz will provide additional service offerings to current Shonsey & Associates’ clients including financial planning and wealth management, recruiting, search and staffing, technology consulting and merger and acquisition advisory experience.
- Moving forward, Lutz’s firm philosophy related to delivery of service will continue to be a high priority. Lutz brings the best resources to each engagement to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of products and services.
- Your current firm contact will lead the engagement including client contact and control of services and billing.
- Billing rates for Shonsey & Associates will remain competitive in the market.
WHEN WILL THIS TRANSACTION BE EFFECTIVE AND WILL THIS HAVE ANY IMPACT ON THE SERVICES I RECEIVE?
The transaction will be effective on May 1, 2018. Until then, both firms will operate independently. After May 1, we anticipate that the same client service representatives will continue to serve you. Please be assured that first and foremost, our top priority is to continue to provide you with consistent, high-quality service and support.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN?
Continue to work with your existing Lutz or Shonsey & Associates contact.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901
GRAND ISLAND + NORTH
403 Lexington Circle
Grand Island, NE 68803
601 P Street, Suite 103
Lincoln, NE 68508
GRAND ISLAND + SOUTH
2722 S Locust Street
Grand Island, NE 68801