LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Lutz Gives Back + 12 Days of Lutzmas 2020
The “12 Days of Lutzmas” is a unique tradition that is designed to provide our employees with 12 different opportunities to give back during the holiday season. This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our team focused their efforts on individual drives and events that could be more socially distanced. With combined efforts from our employees in Omaha, Lincoln, Hastings and Grand Island, we were able to give back to individuals and organizations in the community through various activities including:
- A canned food drive competition for local food pantries in Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island and Hastings.
- Salvation Army bell ringing in Omaha and Grand Island.
- A gift drive for the children at Completely Kids in Omaha and Lincoln.
- A catered meal for families in need at the Ronald McDonald House in Omaha.
- Inter-office cheer with an office cubicle holiday decorating contest in Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island and Hastings.
- COVID cookbook for all Lutz employees to share their favorite recipes while at home for the holidays.
- An outside parade to spread cheer for the residents at the Riverside Lodge Retirement Community in Grand Island.
- Surprise meals and treats for clients who have had businesses affected by Covid-19.
- Adopt-A-Family to provide Christmas gifts for a family experiencing hardship this year.
- Donation for the HEART Ministry Center in Omaha.
- Gifts for those who help with maintaining and cleaning our facilities at all locations.
- Adopt-A-School fundraiser for sporting equipment for the Jesuit Middle School in Omaha (planned for the beginning of 2021).
“Given the events of this year, there was obviously a lot of need. Fortunately, Lutz has a wonderful group of employees that are very passionate about our ’12 Days of Lutzmas’ tradition and making a difference by giving back to our communities. We are very grateful to have helped spread some extra (socially distanced) cheer this year, and we look forward to making the next season even brighter,” said Lutz Gives Back Committee Chair, Justin Vossen.
COVID-19 has changed the way we conduct/attend job interviews. Here are five things that pandemic interviews have taught us…
High-functioning families of wealth take a broad view of family capital, realizing the concept refers to so much more than just financial wealth. These successful enterprises are rich in family capital…
If you are an independent contractor and need to send invoices, QuickBooks provides the best tools for this task…
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.