LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Lutz gives back + 12 days of lutzmas 2021
The “12 Days of Lutzmas” is a tradition designed to provide our employees with 12 different opportunities to give back during the holiday season. With combined efforts from our staff in Omaha, Lincoln, Hastings and Grand Island, in 2021, we were able to give back to individuals and organizations in the community through various activities including:
- Collected more than 2,400 food items for local food pantries in Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island and Hastings.
- Salvation Army bell ringing in Omaha and Grand Island.
- A gift drive in Omaha and Lincoln for the children at Completely Kids.
- Serving a meal for individuals and families at the Center for People in Need in Lincoln.
- Aided Goodfellows to help community members meet their essential needs in Hastings.
- Adopt-A-Family to give a happier Holiday to a family experiencing a sudden loss of a family member this year.
- Random acts of kindness in Lincoln and Omaha giving gift cards to people at local grocery stores prior to Christmas.
- Collecting aluminum crutches for the Children’s Hospital in Omaha.
- Donating wreaths and volunteering in the wreath-laying ceremony for veterans in local cemeteries through Wreaths Across America in Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island and Hastings.
- Packaging and donating meals for those in need with Mercy Meals in Grand Island and Hastings.
- Gifts for those who help maintain and clean our facilities at all locations.
- An “ugly sweater” competition to benefit a local charity.
Lutz Gives Back Committee Chair, Justin Vossen said, “The Lutz Gives Back Committee looks forward to organizing these events for our employees to give back to our local communities every year! While the ongoing pandemic has altered some of the things we have done historically, it has not stopped us from finding new ways to spread cheer during the holiday season. We are grateful to have a workforce that is dedicated to helping others and are excited to “make light” for many holiday seasons to come.”
Physicians can use strategies to reduce tax burden and ensure practice growth. A few tax best practices for independent medical groups…
Effective governance and sound financial practices are key to ensuring strong nonprofit management. For any nonprofit leader, this is…
Do you need a bookkeeper, a CPA, or both? Does it make sense to hire a full-time professional or should you explore outsourcing…
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.