lutz healthcare blog
The Provider Relief Fund (PRF) Reporting Portal opened for Reporting Period 2 on January 1, 2022, and will remain open through March 31, 2022, at 11:59 PM ET…
In this webinar, Lutz Experts will help recipients of PRF payments learn how to navigate the PRF reporting process successfully…
A guiding principle of Medicare cost report preparation is matching – comparing Medicare charges by revenue code to total revenues recorded…
Proper bookkeeping is central to a private practice’s financial wellbeing. Here are six bookkeeping tips to ensure healthy cash flow…
Lutz recently added seven staff accountants to its Omaha, Grand Island and Hastings offices. Welcome Elizabeth, Kelsey, Thomas, Alex, Robin…
At the end of 2019, the government amended the federal physician self-referral law (Stark Law). This amendment brought significant changes to how compensation…
Did your business suffer a revenue decline in 2020? Do you expect a revenue decline in 2021 compared to 2019? Did your business experience a shutdown in 2020?…
The partnership between Syracuse Area Health and Lutz has resulted in successful accounting and business solutions for the hospital…
Medicare-certified RHCs and organizations that own and operate Medicare-certified Rural Health Clinics can apply through 6/23/2021…
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
Provider relief fund reporting
The Provider Relief Fund (PRF) Reporting Portal opened for Reporting Period 2 on January 1, 2022, and will remain open through March 31, 2022, at 11:59 PM ET. What you need to know:
- Who needs to report? Providers who received more than $10,000 in PRF Payments from July 1, 2020, to December 31, 2020.
- The deadline to use these funds was December 31, 2021.
- HRSA Resources Available to assist with reporting:
- Post-Payment Notice of Reporting Requirements
- Lost Revenues Guide – Reporting Period 2
- What’s New in Reporting Period 2 Fact Sheet
- Reporting Resource Guide – Reporting Period 2
- There is a very comprehensive Reporting Portal User Guide (with many helpful screenshots, definitions, examples, etc.)
- There are also Data Entry Worksheets to assist providers in preparing to report through the portal
- Contact the Provider Support Line at (866) 569-3522
Providers who were required to report in Reporting Period 1, but did not report:
- Providers who received one or more payments exceeding $10,000 between April 10, 2020 - June 30, 2020, were required to Report in Reporting Period 1.
- HRSA states that “You are out of compliance with the PRF Terms and Conditions and must return your Payment Period 1 PRF payment(s) to HRSA.”
- There are additional instructions on the HRSA site for returning payments and other information regarding “non-compliance”
Upcoming Reporting Requirements:
|Period||Payment Received Period||Deadline to Use Funds||Reporting Time Period|
|3||January 1, 2021, to June 30, 2021||6/30/2022||July 1, 2022, to September 30, 2022|
|4||July 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021||12/31/2022||January 1, 2023, to March 31, 2023|
Last Updated: 1/14/2022
NEED HELP WITH PRF REPORTING?
Lutz can help you navigate the PRF reporting process successfully. Contact us today!