LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
hhs releases updated prf reporting requirements and timeline
On June 11, 2021, HHS through HRSA issued revised PRF reporting requirements and updated FAQs. Highlights include:
- Period of availability of funds is based on the date the payment is received. The first reporting due date will be 9/30/2021 for funds received between April 10, 2020 – June 30, 2020.
- The PRF Reporting Portal will open and forms will be available for providers to start submitting information on July 1, 2021.
- Recipients will have a 90-day period to complete reporting (rather than a 30-day reporting period).
- Reporting requirements are now applicable to recipients of the Skilled Nursing Facility and Nursing Home Infection Control Distribution; the reporting requirements still do not apply to the RHC COVID-19 Testing Program and HRSA COVID-19 Uninsured Program.
- Recipients are required to report for each Payment Received Period in which they received one or more payments exceeding, in the aggregate, $10,000 (rather than $10,000 cumulatively across all PRF payments)
- Summary of Reporting Requirements:
|Period||Payment Received Period||Deadline to Use Funds||Reporting Time Period|
|1||April 10, 2020 to June 3o, 2020||6/30/2021||July 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021|
|2||July 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020||12/31/2021||January 1, 2022 to March 31, 2022|
|3||January 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021||6/30/2022||July 1, 2022 to September 30, 2022|
|4||July 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021||12/31/2022||January 1, 2023 to March 31, 2023|
Revised PRF Post-Payment Notice of Reporting Requirements: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/provider-post-payment-notice-of-reporting-requirements-june-2021.pdf
This month’s newsletter contains insights on DOL cybersecurity tips, regret aversion, self-directed brokerage accounts, and more…
Cybersecurity training is essential for companies to protect their data and clients. In the long run, diagnosing and fixing vulnerabilities…
A guiding principle of Medicare cost report preparation is matching – comparing Medicare charges by revenue code to total revenues recorded…
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.