LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Lutz M&A Advises Hockenbergs on its sale to TriMark USA LLC
BRAD LEHL, MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS MANAGER
Lutz M&A announced that it served as financial advisor to Hockenbergs Food Service Equipment & Supply in connection with its recent sale to TriMark USA LLC. TriMark is the nation’s largest supplier of quality foodservice products. Based in Omaha, Hockenbergs is an award winning, industry-leading foodservice equipment and supplies dealer covering the Midwest offering expert design, installation and product procurement management. The transaction closed on March 1, 2017.
Hockenbergs was founded in 1908 and has grown over the years serving accounts nationally and internationally. The company has 270 employees in 10 locations along with 6 fulfillment centers. Senior Leadership including Tom Schrack Jr. as President along with Tim Schrack and Paul Parr as Executive Vice Presidents, will remain in place post-transaction to manage the business going forward. “Customer satisfaction has been the core of our company’s success,” says Tom Schrack Jr. “Performing at the highest level and delivering reliable, expert services has never been more important. Joining forces with TriMark will allow us to strengthen our foundation and bring significant value to our long-standing customer relationships.” On working with Lutz Mr. Schrack observed, “the Lutz team represented Hockenbergs in several facets of the transaction including valuation matters, negotiation of terms, as well as tax and financial planning throughout the process. We appreciate their skill in helping to achieve a great result for the owners and employees of Hockenbergs.”
Commenting on the transaction for Lutz M&A, Bill Kenedy said, “We welcomed the opportunity to assist with this major transaction. Hockenbergs has been a great client of the firm over many years and we are very pleased to have helped the owners achieve their goals.”
About Hockenbergs: Based in Omaha, Hockenbergs is an award winning, industry-leading foodservice equipment and supplies dealer covering the Midwest that offers expert design, installation and product procurement management. Designing, installing and supporting foodservice operations nationwide for more than 100 years, Hockenbergs is a full service dealer offering design services, planning, project management, installation, equipment, smallwares, hotel supplies, janitorial, disposables, furnishings and more.
About Lutz M&A, LLC: Lutz M&A is a Nebraska-based mergers and acquisitions advisory firm, serving lower middle-market businesses in the Midwest across a range of industries. Lutz M&A is committed to providing its clients with a comprehensive, skilled and professional marketing process not typically available to smaller market companies.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BRAD LEHL + MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS MANAGER
Brad Lehl is a Merger & Acquisitions Manager at Lutz with over 20 years of related experience. He specializes in M&A advisory services, primarily seller representation, from engagement to close.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Seller Representation
- Advisory Services
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- Association for Corporate Growth – Nebraska Chapter, Member
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors, Member
- Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor
- Certificate in M&A Deal Structuring, New York Institute of Finance
- BS in Finance, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE
- MBA in Finance, University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Chicago, IL
- Certificate in Private Capital Markets, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
- Youth Sports Coach
- Junior Achievement Volunteer
- Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
- Understanding Working Capital Targets in M&A Transactions
- The Importance of EBITDA
- Lutz M&A Advises Labor Source on its Recapitalization by Great Range Capital
- Lutz M&A Advises Hockenbergs on its Sale to Trimark USA LLC
- Lutz M&A Advises Focus Respiratory on its Recent Buyout by Valley Healthcare Group
- Understanding EBITDA and Normalizing Adjustments
- Lutz M&A Advises NIFCO Mechanical Systems on Recent Sale
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Door & Hardware on Recent Sale
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901
601 P Street, Suite 103
Lincoln, NE 68508
3320 James Road, Suite 100
Grand Island, NE 68803