LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Lutz Gives Back + 12 Days of Lutzmas 2019
The “12 Days of Lutzmas” is a unique tradition that is designed to provide our employees with 12 different opportunities to give back during the holiday season. These opportunities range from serving meals to gathering pet supplies for local shelters. This year, with combined efforts from our employees in Omaha, Lincoln, Hastings and Grand Island, we were able to give back to individuals and organizations in the community through various activities including:
- A canned food drive competition for local food pantries in Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island and Hastings.
- Fall yard cleanup for seniors in conjunction with the Eastern Nebraska Office on Aging in Omaha.
- Salvation Army bell ringing in Omaha and Grand Island.
- A gift drive for the children at Completely Kids in Omaha, Lincoln and Hastings.
- Preparing and serving a Christmas dinner for aged out foster children through Project Everlast.
- Serving meals at the People’s City Mission in Lincoln.
- A supply drive for the animals at the Start Over Rover animal shelter in Hastings.
- Volunteering for The Center for People in Need in Lincoln.
- Grand Generation visit and fellowship in Grand Island.
- Adopt-A-Class supply drive in Omaha.
- A turkey giveaway for those less fortunate at the Heart Ministry Center in Omaha.
- Random acts of kindness by giving grocery gift cards to strangers in Omaha.
- Gifts for those who help with maintaining and cleaning our facilities at all locations.
“The ‘12 Days of Lutzmas’ is a tradition we truly enjoy and look forward to each Christmas season. We are fortunate enough to have such a wonderful group of employees that are very passionate about making a difference by giving back to our communities,” said Lutz Gives Back Committee Chair, Justin Vossen.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.