LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Lutz M&A advises CCW, LLC, largest franchisee of HuHot Restaurants, on its recent buyout by an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners, Inc.
BILL KENEDY, LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Lutz M&A announced that it served as the exclusive financial advisor to CCW, LLC (CCW), the largest franchisee of HuHot Mongolian Grill restaurants, in connection with its recent sale to an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners, Inc. (Sun Capital). The transaction closed on Jan. 28, 2016.
Founded in 2001 and based in Omaha, Neb., CCW owns and operates 21 HuHot restaurants across the Midwest, including locations in Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and South Dakota. HuHot Mongolian Grill is a fast-growing restaurant concept that features create-your-own Asian stir-fry dishes. With a simple pricing structure, a unique and customizable menu, and a rapid service model, the HuHot brand continues to grow and expand.
Gayle Carstens, founder and majority owner of CCW, stated, “We are extremely excited about our sale transaction. With their long track record of success in the restaurant industry, Sun Capital brings unparalleled experience, skill and perspective that will prove invaluable going forward. The CCW management team is genuinely eager to both grow HuHot and add additional brands to their mix.”
Commenting on the transaction for Lutz M&A, Bill Kenedy said, “We welcomed the opportunity to represent CCW on its recent buyout. The combined resources of CCW and Sun Capital makes for an exciting combination. We believe this is truly a win-win outcome.” On working with Lutz M&A, Mr. Carstens stated, “We very much appreciate Lutz’s guidance and stewardship on this complex deal. The Lutz team ran the entire process with confidentiality and professionalism. We are very pleased with the outcome.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BILL KENEDY + LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Bill Kenedy is a Lutz Consulting and M&A Shareholder at Lutz. He specializes in business valuation, litigation support, and merger and acquisition advisory services.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensic
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- BSBA in Accounting, St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
- Construction Financial Management Association, Past Treasurer, Board Member
- A Time to Heal (non-profit focused on cancer patients), Past Board Member
- Net Working Capital: What is it and How is it Used?
- Issues During the Due Diligence Process in M&A Transactions
- Lutz M&A Advises Fantasy's, Inc. on its Acquisition by Casey's General Stores
- Primary Benefits of Selling Your Company to an ESOP
- Is An Employee Stock Option Plan Right for Your Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
- Our Services, Our People, and Our Results
- Lutz M&A Advises Hands of Heartland on its Recent Investment by Evolve Capital
- Lutz M&A Advises Labor Source on its Recapitalization by Great Range Capital
- Overcoming Obstacles in Business Transition Planning
- Understanding Net Working Capital in Business Transactions
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business
- When is the Right Time to Exit My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Triage Staffing on Recapitalization
- Lutz M&A Advises Hockenbergs on Recent Sale to Trimark USA LLC
- Lutz M&A Advises Focus Respiratory on its Recent Buyout by Valley Healthcare Group
- Is Your Small Business at Risk of Fraud?
- Lutz M&A Advises CCW, LLC on its Recent Buyout
- Lutz M&A Advises NIFCO Mechanical Systems on Recent Sale
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Door & Hardware on Recent Sale
- Why is Forensic Accounting Needed?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901