LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
LUTZ M&a ADVISES EX² TECHNOLOGY ON ITS RECAPITALIZATION BY COLUMBIA CAPITAL
BILL KENEDY, LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Lutz M&A announced that it served as exclusive financial advisor to eX² Technology (eX²) in connection with its recent recapitalization by Columbia Capital (Columbia). Columbia is private equity group based in Virginia that focuses on communication technology businesses.
Founded in 2015 by a team of seasoned communications and critical infrastructure professionals, eX² designs, constructs, maintains and commercializes some the largest and most complex communication and critical infrastructure project in the United States. Based on their experiences, the eX² founders recognized a noticeable industry gap in genuine partnerships between those in need of better broadband services and the fiber optic design-build industry. After assembling a team of innovative, experienced and knowledgeable experts, our founders formed eX² Technology with a mission to transform the way the industry does business and in just three short years, eX² has increased its workforce five times over, completed work in 24 states and added more than 100 projects to its diverse portfolio.
On working with Lutz M&A, eX²’s President Jim Kawamoto observed, “We had a bit of a unique situation transitioning from our original equity partner. Bill and his team were integral in finding a solution that worked for everyone.”
Commenting on the transaction for Lutz M&A, Bill Kenedy said, “eX² is a solid company with a high-quality management team. We believe the combination of eX² and Columbia will produce great results for their customers.”
Acquired by Christensen Farms.
Lutz M&A served as the exclusive financial advisor to SmithCo Manufacturing Inc.
Acquired by Columbia Capital.
Lutz M&A served as the exclusive financial advisor to eX² Technology.
Acquired by Casey's General Stores.
Lutz M&A served as the exclusive financial advisor to Fantasy's, Inc.
Acquired by Claritas, Inc.
Lutz M&A acted as the sell-side advisor to AcquireWeb
ACQUIRED BY PLATFORM CAPITAL.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to C&W
ACQUIRED BY EVOLVE CAPITAL.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Hands of Heartland
ACQUIRED BY GREAT RANGE CAPITAL.
LUTZ M&A WAS THE EXCLUSIVE FINANCIAL ADVISOR TO LABOR SOURCE LLC
ACQUIRED BY MCCARTHY CAPITAL.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Triage Staffing
Acquired by SUN CAPITAL PARTNERS, INC.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to CCW, LLC
ACQUIRED BY TRIMARK USA LLC
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Hockenbergs
Acquired by Help/Systems, LLC
Lutz M&A acted as the sell-side advisor to Linoma Software
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Midwest Door & Hardware
Lutz M&A was the exclusive sell-side advisor to NIFCO Mechanical
Acquired by ARGENTA PARTNERS LP
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to HKS
Acquired by WORLD DATA PRODUCTS
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Infinity Data Solutions, LLC
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Providers Plus
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to M7 Logistics
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Smeal Manufacturing
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BILL KENEDY + LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Bill Kenedy is a Lutz Consulting and M&A Shareholder at Lutz. He specializes in business valuation, litigation support, and merger and acquisition advisory services.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensic
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- BSBA in Accounting, St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
- Construction Financial Management Association, Past Treasurer, Board Member
- A Time to Heal (non-profit focused on cancer patients), Board Member
- Issues During the Due Diligence Process in M&A Transactions
- Lutz M&A Advises Fantasy's, Inc. on its Acquisition by Casey's General Stores
- Primary Benefits of Selling Your Company to an ESOP
- Is An Employee Stock Option Plan Right for Your Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
- Our Services, Our People, and Our Results
- Lutz M&A Advises Hands of Heartland on its Recent Investment by Evolve Capital
- Lutz M&A Advises Labor Source on its Recapitalization by Great Range Capital
- Overcoming Obstacles in Business Transition Planning
- Understanding Net Working Capital in Business Transactions
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business
- When is the Right Time to Exit My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Triage Staffing on Recapitalization
- Lutz M&A Advises Hockenbergs on Recent Sale to Trimark USA LLC
- Lutz M&A Advises Focus Respiratory on its Recent Buyout by Valley Healthcare Group
- Is Your Small Business at Risk of Fraud?
- Lutz M&A Advises CCW, LLC on its Recent Buyout
- Lutz M&A Advises NIFCO Mechanical Systems on Recent Sale
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Door & Hardware on Recent Sale
- Why is Forensic Accounting Needed?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901
601 P Street, Suite 103
Lincoln, NE 68508
3320 James Road, Suite 100
Grand Island, NE 68803