LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Door & Hardware on Recent Sale
BILL KENEDY, LUTZ CONSULTING AND m&A SHAREHOLDER
Lutz M&A announced that it served as the exclusive financial advisor to Midwest Door & Hardware in connection with its recent sale to a private investment group. The transaction closed on Nov. 30, 2015. Lincoln-based Midwest Door & Hardware is a fabricator and distributor of steel doors, wood doors and hardware used in various commercial, industrial and institutional industries.
Richard Selig, president of Midwest Door & Hardware, stated, “We are extremely excited about our sale, as the new owners represent an excellent fit with our employees in terms of culture and capabilities. They bring a new vision to our business that is full of exciting opportunities.” The acquisition is not expected to materially change the business. “Midwest Door is known for high-quality products and unsurpassed customer service,” said a representative from the ownership group. “We will continue to deliver what Midwest Door customers have come to expect.”
Commenting on the transaction for Lutz M&A, Bill Kenedy said, “We are proud to have represented Midwest Door & Hardware on its recent sale transaction. The company’s products and relationships make it exceptionally well-positioned within its markets. We welcomed the opportunity to represent them and wish them and their employees continued success with their new opportunities ahead.” On working with Lutz M&A, Richard Selig of Midwest Door noted, “We’re very pleased with the guidance, insights and professionalism that Lutz M&A provided throughout the course of this deal, as well as the outcome of their efforts.”
About Midwest Door & Hardware, LLC (MDH): Lincoln-based MDH is a fabricator and distributor of steel doors, wood doors and hardware used in the commercial, industrial and institutional industries. The company markets its products and services through a network of architects and commercial construction contractors throughout the Midwest.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BILL KENEDY + LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Bill Kenedy is a Lutz Consulting and M&A Shareholder at Lutz. He specializes in business valuation, litigation support, and merger and acquisition advisory services.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensic
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- BSBA in Accounting, St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
- Construction Financial Management Association, Past Treasurer, Board Member
- A Time to Heal (non-profit focused on cancer patients), Board Member
- Issues During the Due Diligence Process in M&A Transactions
- Lutz M&A Advises Fantasy's, Inc. on its Acquisition by Casey's General Stores
- Primary Benefits of Selling Your Company to an ESOP
- Is An Employee Stock Option Plan Right for Your Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
- Our Services, Our People, and Our Results
- Lutz M&A Advises Hands of Heartland on its Recent Investment by Evolve Capital
- Lutz M&A Advises Labor Source on its Recapitalization by Great Range Capital
- Overcoming Obstacles in Business Transition Planning
- Understanding Net Working Capital in Business Transactions
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business
- When is the Right Time to Exit My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Triage Staffing on Recapitalization
- Lutz M&A Advises Hockenbergs on Recent Sale to Trimark USA LLC
- Lutz M&A Advises Focus Respiratory on its Recent Buyout by Valley Healthcare Group
- Is Your Small Business at Risk of Fraud?
- Lutz M&A Advises CCW, LLC on its Recent Buyout
- Lutz M&A Advises NIFCO Mechanical Systems on Recent Sale
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Door & Hardware on Recent Sale
- Why is Forensic Accounting Needed?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901
601 P Street, Suite 103
Lincoln, NE 68508
3320 James Road, Suite 100
Grand Island, NE 68803