LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Lutz M&A Advises Nifco Mechanical Systems on Recent Sale
BILL KENEDY, LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Lutz M&A announced that it served as the exclusive sell-side financial advisor to Nifco Mechanical Systems, Inc. (Nifco) in connection with its recent sale to an Omaha-based family business. The transaction closed on Jan. 4, 2016.
Lincoln, Nebraska based Nifco was founded in 1975. The company specializes in the design, installation, service and inspection of fire sprinkler and industrial piping systems. Nifco offers specialized service in all phases of industrial piping and plumbing, ranging from high-tech orbital stainless steel welding to underground service-line repair.
The acquisition is not expected to materially change the business. “For over 40 years, Nifco has been known for taking pride in their reliable service, craftsmanship and knowledgeable tradesmen with their fire sprinkler and mechanical piping solutions,” said a representative from the new ownership group. “We will continue to deliver and represent the fine brand of Nifco Mechanical Systems.”
Commenting on the transaction for Lutz M&A, Bill Kenedy said, “We were pleased to be working with the Nifco team and its new ownership group on its recent sale. The company’s industry-leading expertise, highly skilled workforce and outstanding track record all bode well for Nifco’s future. We are glad we could help this successful company as it enters its next phase.”
About Nifco Mechanical Systems: Lincoln, Neb.-based Nifco Mechanical Systems is a fire sprinkler and industrial piping contractor, providing services for over 40 years. The company specializes in the service, design, installation, inspection and maintenance of commercial fire sprinkler and industrial piping systems. Nifco’s expertise ranges from precision machining to computer-aided design, with experience in all phases of industrial piping systems.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BILL KENEDY + LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Bill Kenedy is a Lutz Consulting and M&A Shareholder at Lutz. He specializes in business valuation, litigation support, and merger and acquisition advisory services.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensic
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- BSBA in Accounting, St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
- Construction Financial Management Association, Past Treasurer, Board Member
- A Time to Heal (non-profit focused on cancer patients), Past Board Member
- Am I Ready to Sell My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Wings on its Acquisition by Eagle's Landing
- Selling Your Business? The Financial Information Buyers Want to See
- Can My Business Run Without Me?
- Finding the True Value of Your Business
- How Does the Business Sale Process Work?
- Understanding the Tax Implications of a Business Sale
- The M&A Client Experience
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Scaffold Service on its Sale to Sunbelt Rentals
- 5 Key Purchase Agreement Considerations
- Net Working Capital: What is it and How is it Used?
- Issues During the Due Diligence Process in M&A Transactions
- Lutz M&A Advises Fantasy's, Inc. on its Acquisition by Casey's General Stores
- Primary Benefits of Selling Your Company to an ESOP
- Is An Employee Stock Option Plan Right for Your Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
- Our Services, Our People, and Our Results
- Lutz M&A Advises Hands of Heartland on its Recent Investment by Evolve Capital
- Lutz M&A Advises Labor Source on its Recapitalization by Great Range Capital
- Overcoming Obstacles in Business Transition Planning
- Understanding Net Working Capital in Business Transactions
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business
- When is the Right Time to Exit My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Triage Staffing on Recapitalization
- Lutz M&A Advises Hockenbergs on Recent Sale to Trimark USA LLC
- Lutz M&A Advises Focus Respiratory on its Recent Buyout by Valley Healthcare Group
- Is Your Small Business at Risk of Fraud?
- Lutz M&A Advises CCW, LLC on its Recent Buyout
- Lutz M&A Advises NIFCO Mechanical Systems on Recent Sale
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Door & Hardware on Recent Sale
- Why is Forensic Accounting Needed?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901