LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
BILL KENEDY, LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Lutz M&A announced that it served as exclusive financial advisor to C&W Transportation Company (“C&W” or the “Company”), in connection with its recapitalization led by Platform Capital. Based in Fort Collins, Colorado, C&W provides less than truckload (LTL) and truckload (TL) transportation services. The Company primarily operates in Denver and surrounding areas, with additional routes into Wyoming, Nebraska, and Kansas. Platform Capital is an operationally focused private equity firm based in Denver, with a satellite office in Indianapolis. The transaction closed in October 2018.
C&W Transportation was founded 36 years ago and is currently owned by CEO Devin Henderson, who has been with the Company since 1994. C&W’s primary business is overnight delivery service moving goods from distribution centers to end retail locations with guaranteed 6AM delivery. This enables customers to order on a daily basis, thus improving efficiencies with leaner inventory levels. Post-transaction, Mr. Henderson will continue serving as President, while retaining significant equity ownership. Going forward, Platform Capital will support Mr. Henderson as the Company pursues new growth initiatives.
Mr. Henderson stated, “C&W’s new partnership with Platform Capital is an exciting new chapter for the Company. As we combine their operational and financial skills with our industry experience and relationships, we see several new avenues to grow and expand.” On working with Lutz M&A, Mr. Henderson said, “Lutz marketed the Company with skill and professionalism. They presented several options for us to consider. We could not be happier with the outcome and how the deal came together.”
Commenting for Lutz M&A, Bill Kenedy added, “We sincerely appreciated the opportunity to represent Devin and C&W. He is an incredible operator who has built something special. The new partnership with Platform Capital opens the door to many intriguing growth opportunities.”
About Lutz M&A: Lutz M&A is a Nebraska-based mergers and acquisitions advisory firm, serving lower middle-market businesses in the Midwest across a range of industries. Lutz M&A is committed to providing its clients with a comprehensive, skilled and professional marketing process not typically available to smaller market companies. For more information, visit https://www.lutz.us/lutzma/.
About Platform Capital: Platform Capital is an operationally-oriented private investment firm headquartered in Denver, CO. Founded and managed by former business operators and turnaround professionals, Platform Capital employs a disciplined approach to operational and financial management. The Partners of Platform Capital have experience in a broad range of industries and a vast array of circumstances. For more information, visit www.platformcap.com.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BILL KENEDY + LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Bill Kenedy is a Lutz Consulting and M&A Shareholder at Lutz. He specializes in business valuation, litigation support, and merger and acquisition advisory services.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensic
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- BSBA in Accounting, St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
- Construction Financial Management Association, Past Treasurer, Board Member
- A Time to Heal (non-profit focused on cancer patients), Past Board Member
- 2021 - Is This the Year to Sell Your Business?
- Am I Ready to Sell My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Wings on its Acquisition by Eagle's Landing
- Selling Your Business? The Financial Information Buyers Want to See
- Can My Business Run Without Me?
- Finding the True Value of Your Business
- How Does the Business Sale Process Work?
- Understanding the Tax Implications of a Business Sale
- The M&A Client Experience
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Scaffold Service on its Sale to Sunbelt Rentals
- 5 Key Purchase Agreement Considerations
- Net Working Capital: What is it and How is it Used?
- Issues During the Due Diligence Process in M&A Transactions
- Lutz M&A Advises Fantasy's, Inc. on its Acquisition by Casey's General Stores
- Primary Benefits of Selling Your Company to an ESOP
- Is An Employee Stock Option Plan Right for Your Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
- Our Services, Our People, and Our Results
- Lutz M&A Advises Hands of Heartland on its Recent Investment by Evolve Capital
- Lutz M&A Advises Labor Source on its Recapitalization by Great Range Capital
- Overcoming Obstacles in Business Transition Planning
- Understanding Net Working Capital in Business Transactions
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business
- When is the Right Time to Exit My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Triage Staffing on Recapitalization
- Lutz M&A Advises Hockenbergs on Recent Sale to Trimark USA LLC
- Lutz M&A Advises Focus Respiratory on its Recent Buyout by Valley Healthcare Group
- Is Your Small Business at Risk of Fraud?
- Lutz M&A Advises CCW, LLC on its Recent Buyout
- Lutz M&A Advises NIFCO Mechanical Systems on Recent Sale
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Door & Hardware on Recent Sale
- Why is Forensic Accounting Needed?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901