LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Lutz M&A advises Labor Source on its recapitalization by Great Range Capital
BILL KENEDY, LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Lutz M&A recently announced that it served as the exclusive financial advisor to Labor Source, LLC (“Labor Source” or the “Company”) in connection with its recent recapitalization that was led by Great Range Capital. Based in Olathe, Kansas, Labor Source is a rapidly growing temporary staffing company serving restoration, construction, manufacturing, and light industrial services clients. Great Range Capital is a private equity firm based in greater Kansas City, focused on middle market companies in the Midwest in the following industries: business services, healthcare, retail, media, and niche manufacturing. The transaction closed in September 2017.
Labor Source was founded in 1999 by Brandon Sutherland. Through its two brands (One Source Staffing and Labor / CATSTAFF), Labor Source recruits, trains, and manages thousands of general labor and semi-skilled workers throughout the United States. Over the years, the Company has established a particular niche serving restoration and disaster recovery projects related to fire, water, wind, and storm damage. Post-transaction, Mr. Sutherland will retain significant equity ownership in Labor Source, while serving as a key member of the senior management team. Mike Pitman, formerly of Allegis Group, has joined the Company to become its new CEO.
Mr. Sutherland commented, “We are thrilled to be joining forces with Great Range Capital, as we have so many shared values. As we combine their knowledge and capital with our skills and customer relationships, we are excited about the growth opportunities ahead.” On working with Lutz M&A, Mr. Sutherland stated, “Lutz represented us with professionalism, confidentiality, and persistence. We sincerely appreciate their efforts in helping us find the right partner in Great Range Capital.”
Commenting for Lutz M&A, Bill Kenedy added, “Lutz was proud to represent Labor Source in its recapitalization by Great Range. We believe the new partnership makes the company exceptionally well-positioned to flourish in the years ahead.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BILL KENEDY + LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Bill Kenedy is a Lutz Consulting and M&A Shareholder at Lutz. He specializes in business valuation, litigation support, and merger and acquisition advisory services.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensic
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- BSBA in Accounting, St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
- Construction Financial Management Association, Past Treasurer, Board Member
- A Time to Heal (non-profit focused on cancer patients), Past Board Member
- Net Working Capital: What is it and How is it Used?
- Issues During the Due Diligence Process in M&A Transactions
- Lutz M&A Advises Fantasy's, Inc. on its Acquisition by Casey's General Stores
- Primary Benefits of Selling Your Company to an ESOP
- Is An Employee Stock Option Plan Right for Your Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
- Our Services, Our People, and Our Results
- Lutz M&A Advises Hands of Heartland on its Recent Investment by Evolve Capital
- Lutz M&A Advises Labor Source on its Recapitalization by Great Range Capital
- Overcoming Obstacles in Business Transition Planning
- Understanding Net Working Capital in Business Transactions
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business
- When is the Right Time to Exit My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Triage Staffing on Recapitalization
- Lutz M&A Advises Hockenbergs on Recent Sale to Trimark USA LLC
- Lutz M&A Advises Focus Respiratory on its Recent Buyout by Valley Healthcare Group
- Is Your Small Business at Risk of Fraud?
- Lutz M&A Advises CCW, LLC on its Recent Buyout
- Lutz M&A Advises NIFCO Mechanical Systems on Recent Sale
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Door & Hardware on Recent Sale
- Why is Forensic Accounting Needed?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901
601 P Street, Suite 103
Lincoln, NE 68508
3320 James Road, Suite 100
Grand Island, NE 68803