LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
lutz m&a advises Wings on its Acquisition by Eagle’s Landing
bill kenedy, LUTZ consulting and m&a shareholder
Lutz M&A recently announced that it served as the exclusive financial advisor to Wings America Limited Partnership, owner-operator of Wings America Travel Center (“Wings” or the “Company”) in connection with its recent acquisition by Eagle’s Landing Travel Plaza (“Eagle’s Landing”). Eagle’s Landing operates a chain of travel plazas throughout Nevada, Arizona, Texas, and Utah, with its corporate office located in Beaver, Utah. With the addition of the Avoca location, there are now a total of 10 stores operating under the Eagle’s Landing brand.
Wings is a full-service truck stop and travel center located north of Avoca, Iowa, along I-80. The travel center employs 70+ full and part-time employees. It includes a C-store along with Taco Johns, Maid-Rite, American Pie Café and various other services for the professional driver and traveling public.
“Eagle’s Landing is proud to announce the purchase and addition of the Avoca Flying J store, located in the beautiful community of Avoca, Iowa,” said Slade Smith, President of Eagle’s Landing. “This facility adds to the growing number of locations by Eagle’s Landing. The employees make all the difference in all that Eagle’s offers, and our associates are preeminent in our success.”
Management of Wings commented, “We are excited for our employees and customers to have found a buyer focused on service and willingness to invest in the education and training of Wings associates as well as their future commitment to update the facility. We appreciate the efforts of the Lutz M&A team as the Travel Plaza buyer pool is limited, and Lutz worked diligently to pursue potential buyers and bring this deal to a close despite the impact of the COVID-19 virus”.
Commenting on the transaction for Lutz M&A, Bill Kenedy said, “Wings has been a Lutz client for many years. This transaction is a win for the current employees and the city of Avoca as a whole. The management team at Eagle’s Landing has built a great culture and brand throughout the Southwest. We are confident they will have continued success in Iowa.”
About Lutz M&A, LLC: Lutz M&A is a Nebraska-based mergers and acquisitions advisory firm, serving lower middle-market businesses in the Midwest across a range of industries. Lutz M&A is committed to providing its clients with a comprehensive, skilled and professional marketing process not typically available to smaller market companies. For more information, visit www.lutz.us.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Wings America Limited Partnership.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Reinke Manufacturing.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Midwest Scaffold Service.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to The Walling Company
Acquired by Platform Capital.
Lutz M&A served as the exclusive financial advisor to Perrin Manufacturing.
Acquired by Christensen Farms.
Lutz M&A served as the exclusive financial advisor to SmithCo Manufacturing Inc.
Acquired by Casey's General Stores.
Lutz M&A served as the exclusive financial advisor to Fantasy's, Inc.
Acquired by Columbia Capital.
Lutz M&A served as the exclusive financial advisor to eX² Technology.
Acquired by Claritas, Inc.
Lutz M&A acted as the sell-side advisor to AcquireWeb
ACQUIRED BY PLATFORM CAPITAL.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to C&W
ACQUIRED BY EVOLVE CAPITAL.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Hands of Heartland
ACQUIRED BY GREAT RANGE CAPITAL.
LUTZ M&A WAS THE EXCLUSIVE FINANCIAL ADVISOR TO LABOR SOURCE LLC
Acquired by SUN CAPITAL PARTNERS, INC.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to CCW, LLC
ACQUIRED BY MCCARTHY CAPITAL.
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Triage Staffing
ACQUIRED BY TRIMARK USA LLC
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Hockenbergs
Acquired by Help/Systems, LLC
Lutz M&A acted as the sell-side advisor to Linoma Software
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Midwest Door & Hardware
Lutz M&A was the exclusive sell-side advisor to NIFCO Mechanical
Acquired by ARGENTA PARTNERS LP
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to HKS
Acquired by WORLD DATA PRODUCTS
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Infinity Data Solutions, LLC
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Providers Plus
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to M7 Logistics
Lutz M&A was the exclusive financial advisor to Smeal Manufacturing
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BILL KENEDY + LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Bill Kenedy is a Lutz Consulting and M&A Shareholder at Lutz. He specializes in business valuation, litigation support, and merger and acquisition advisory services.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensic
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- BSBA in Accounting, St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
- Construction Financial Management Association, Past Treasurer, Board Member
- A Time to Heal (non-profit focused on cancer patients), Past Board Member
- Understanding the Tax Implications of a Business Sale
- The M&A Client Experience
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Scaffold Service on its Sale to Sunbelt Rentals
- 5 Key Purchase Agreement Considerations
- Net Working Capital: What is it and How is it Used?
- Issues During the Due Diligence Process in M&A Transactions
- Lutz M&A Advises Fantasy's, Inc. on its Acquisition by Casey's General Stores
- Primary Benefits of Selling Your Company to an ESOP
- Is An Employee Stock Option Plan Right for Your Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
- Our Services, Our People, and Our Results
- Lutz M&A Advises Hands of Heartland on its Recent Investment by Evolve Capital
- Lutz M&A Advises Labor Source on its Recapitalization by Great Range Capital
- Overcoming Obstacles in Business Transition Planning
- Understanding Net Working Capital in Business Transactions
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business
- When is the Right Time to Exit My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Triage Staffing on Recapitalization
- Lutz M&A Advises Hockenbergs on Recent Sale to Trimark USA LLC
- Lutz M&A Advises Focus Respiratory on its Recent Buyout by Valley Healthcare Group
- Is Your Small Business at Risk of Fraud?
- Lutz M&A Advises CCW, LLC on its Recent Buyout
- Lutz M&A Advises NIFCO Mechanical Systems on Recent Sale
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Door & Hardware on Recent Sale
- Why is Forensic Accounting Needed?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.
13616 California Street, Suite 200
Omaha, NE 68154
747 N Burlington Avenue, Suite 401
Hastings, NE 68901