LUTZ BUSINESS INSIGHTS
Lutz M&A advises Hands of Heartland on its recent investment by Evolve Capital
BILL KENEDY, LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Lutz M&A announced that it served as exclusive financial advisor to Hands of Heartland Inc. (the “Company”) in connection with its recent partnership with Evolve Capital. Based in Bellevue, Nebraska, Hands of Heartland provides home and community-based residential and vocational support services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Evolve Capital is a private equity firm based in Dallas that is focused exclusively on investing in entrepreneurial businesses. The transaction closed in November 2017.
Courtney Kline founded Hands of Heartland in 1997. Post-transaction, she will retain equity ownership in the Company, while continuing to serve as CEO. Ms. Kline commented, “I am overjoyed about our partnership with Evolve Capital. They bring a deep understanding of healthcare and our unique industry in particular. They also have a track record of success with companies of our size, so they appreciate the challenges we face and the opportunities ahead of us. This represents an exciting new chapter for Hands of Heartland as we take on new initiatives.” On working with Lutz M&A, Ms. Kline stated, “Lutz marketed the Company with skill and knowledge all the way to closing. I am very grateful for their professional guidance throughout the process.”
Commenting for Lutz M&A, Bill Kenedy added, “We were thrilled to help Hands of Heartland find a new strategic partner. The Company is already a market leader in its industry and is poised for continued success in years ahead. ”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BILL KENEDY + LUTZ CONSULTING AND M&A SHAREHOLDER
Bill Kenedy is a Lutz Consulting and M&A Shareholder at Lutz. He specializes in business valuation, litigation support, and merger and acquisition advisory services.
AREAS OF FOCUS
AFFILIATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensic
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- BSBA in Accounting, St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
- Construction Financial Management Association, Past Treasurer, Board Member
- A Time to Heal (non-profit focused on cancer patients), Past Board Member
- EBITDA Valuation Multiples and How It's Calculated
- Net Working Capital Calculation Dilemma + Customer Deposits/Deferred Revenue
- 2021 - Is This the Year to Sell Your Business?
- Am I Ready to Sell My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Wings on its Acquisition by Eagle's Landing
- Selling Your Business? The Financial Information Buyers Want to See
- Can My Business Run Without Me?
- Finding the True Value of Your Business
- How Does the Business Sale Process Work?
- Understanding the Tax Implications of a Business Sale
- The M&A Client Experience
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Scaffold Service on its Sale to Sunbelt Rentals
- 5 Key Purchase Agreement Considerations
- Net Working Capital: What is it and How is it Used?
- Issues During the Due Diligence Process in M&A Transactions
- Lutz M&A Advises Fantasy's, Inc. on its Acquisition by Casey's General Stores
- Primary Benefits of Selling Your Company to an ESOP
- Is An Employee Stock Option Plan Right for Your Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises C&W Transportation on its Sale to Platform Capital
- Our Services, Our People, and Our Results
- Lutz M&A Advises Hands of Heartland on its Recent Investment by Evolve Capital
- Lutz M&A Advises Labor Source on its Recapitalization by Great Range Capital
- Overcoming Obstacles in Business Transition Planning
- Understanding Net Working Capital in Business Transactions
- How to Increase the Value of Your Business
- When is the Right Time to Exit My Business?
- Lutz M&A Advises Triage Staffing on Recapitalization
- Lutz M&A Advises Hockenbergs on Recent Sale to Trimark USA LLC
- Lutz M&A Advises Focus Respiratory on its Recent Buyout by Valley Healthcare Group
- Is Your Small Business at Risk of Fraud?
- Lutz M&A Advises CCW, LLC on its Recent Buyout
- Lutz M&A Advises NIFCO Mechanical Systems on Recent Sale
- Lutz M&A Advises Midwest Door & Hardware on Recent Sale
- Why is Forensic Accounting Needed?
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS!
We tap into the vast knowledge and experience within our organization to provide you with monthly content on topics and ideas that drive and challenge your company every day.