CLIENT FAQ + LUTZ & MCDERMOTT & MILLER “JOINING FORCES”
We are pleased to announce that selected offices of Nebraska based accounting firm McDermott & Miller will be joining forces with Lutz.
WHO IS LUTZ?
Since its founding in 1980, Lutz has grown to be Nebraska’s largest locally owned CPA firm with locations in Omaha and Lincoln. Lutz offers a full range of business solutions including Accounting, Technology, Mergers & Acquisitions, Talent and Wealth Management/Financial Planning.
WHO IS MCDERMOTT & MILLER, PC?
Established in 1973, McDermott & Miller is the leading CPA firm in Central Nebraska offering traditional areas of accounting and taxation along with various other specialty offerings. The current offices located in Hastings, Grand Island and Omaha will join Lutz on May 1, 2017, under the Lutz name. The Hastings and Grand Island offices will remain in their current location and the Omaha office will join the Lutz location after May 1, 2017.
The Kearney office of McDermott & Miller will not be part of the transaction as their shareholder group has chosen to stay independent and will operate under a new firm name.
WHAT IS THE STRATEGY BEHIND THE TRANSACTION AND HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
Lutz and McDermott & Miller joining forces will bring additional service offerings for clients across Nebraska.
- The combination of our two strong firms will create opportunities to serve you with the best industry practices and talent in Nebraska. In addition, we will be working together to introduce business solutions to help you manage, grow and prosper.
- McDermott & Miller professionals will strengthen Lutz’s commitment to the Agriculture industry as well as bring additional non-profit and tax resources.
- The combined entity will retain the Lutz name and will consist of approximately 250 employees in a variety of disciplines.
- Lutz will provide additional service offerings to current McDermott & Miller clients including Financial Planning and Wealth Management, Talent Services including recruiting, search and staffing, Technology consulting and Merger and Acquisition advisory experience.
- Moving forward, Lutz’s firm philosophy related to delivery of service will be part of the joined forces culture. Lutz brings the best resource to each engagement to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of products and services.
- Your current firm contact will lead the engagement including client contact and control of services and billing.
- Billing rates for McDermott & Miller will remain competitive in each market.
WHEN WILL THIS TRANSACTION BE EFFECTIVE AND WILL THIS HAVE ANY IMPACT ON THE SERVICES I RECEIVE?
The transaction will be effective on May 1, 2017. Until then, both firms will operate independently. After May 1, we anticipate that the same client service representatives will continue to serve you. Please be assured that first and foremost, our top priority is to continue to provide you with consistent, high-quality service and support.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN?
Continue to work with your existing Lutz or McDermott & Miller contact.